Add value to your membership in the American Council of Engineering Companies through The Business Insurance Trust (BIT). Get the best possible insurance products enhanced by unique trustee beneﬁts ONLY available through this insurance program. The BIT is guided by trustees who are all engineers and business owners like you, providing access to insurance coverage through Dealey, Renton & Associates in California, Oregon and Washington. The BIT’s strategic goals are shaped around providing a platform for competitive, quality business insurance solutions, delivering exceptional service to ACEC member ﬁrms, and oﬀering valuable member beneﬁts.
Only The BIT offers:
- THE ACEC BIT MEMBER FIRM ROYALTY SHARING - The BIT shares the insurance royalty with our loyal member ﬁrms. The royalty rewards your participation in the program.
- THE ACEC BIT DEDUCTIBLE ASSISTANCE - Any ﬁrm in The BIT program may request reimbursement of their deductible up to $1,000 for property and automobile losses, each time your ﬁrm has a claim.
- THE ACEC BIT COALITION PROGRAM - The BIT will, on your behalf, pay $150 per year toward ACEC Coalition dues for the Small Firm Council, CASE, COPS, CAMEE or the Land Development Coalition.
- ACEC AND STATE MEMBER ORGANIZATION SUPPORT - The BIT shares part of its royalties with ACEC National and State organizations. The success of the program and the low claims rate come back to help our member organizations.
We have you covered:
- General Liability
- Commercial Auto
- Umbrella Liability
- Professional Liability
- Management Liability
- Data Breach
- Our program is guided by practicing engineers with experience finding solutions to practice management issues.
- The BIT provides strategic direction and continuously reviews coverage to make sure it meets the ever-changing needs of our business environment, including offering comprehensive coverage and competitive rates.
- The BIT, Dealey, Renton & Associates and The Hartford monitor the service and claims handling to make sure you’re responded to in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
- Our dedicated sales and service team is very familiar with the unique exposures of engineering firms and only services ACEC Program policyholders.
- Sales, service and day-to-day administration is provided by Dealey, Renton & Associates, and The Hartford performs the underwriting and direct billing on the Business Insurance Program.
- Certificates of Insurance are issued within 24 hours of request, and on-line certificate request and claim reporting is available 24/7.