While medication serves its purpose in treating illnesses, many foods contain properties that have the ability to boost your health and prevent illness. That’s why professionals in the health industry push you so hard to improve your diet. Incorporating healing foods into your meals can help normalize body functions and keep you healthy for years to come. Start with these seven naturally healing foods:
1. Cherries: Eat these small fruits by the handful to chase away illness with the natural antiviral and antibacterial properties. On top of that, cherries are loaded with vitamins and nutrients that help decrease inflammation and ease minor pains.
2. Kale: Kale is becoming well-known with more people turning to healthier diets. Why? It’s rich in vitamin K and other nutrients that give it powerful antioxidant properties to fight free radical damage caused by toxins in the body.
3. Broccoli: You may correlate meat with protein, but did you know that broccoli contains about twice the amount of protein as steak? As if that weren’t enough, it also contains a variety of vitamins that contribute to your overall wellness.
4. Kiwi: Skip the orange juice and get twice the vitamin C when you enjoy the sweet tanginess of kiwis. These fuzzy fruits boost heart health, lower cholesterol and contain natural blood-thinning properties thanks to high fiber, potassium and vitamin content.
5. Ginger: Ginger has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic remedies to soothe upset stomachs and aid digestion. Steep chunks of ginger in a cup of hot tea or chew on crystallized ginger to relieve your tummy troubles.
6. Onions: Onions may make you cry, but they can also relieve respiratory inflammation and allergy symptoms thanks to their high quercetin content. The natural antihistamine properties, paired with a hefty serving of vitamin C, make onions a great addition to foods when you’re battling with a stuffy nose.
7. Spinach: Much like kale and other dark leafy greens, spinach is rich in vitamin K, which helps calcium absorption and promotes bone health. It’s also been linked to heart health, clear arteries and improved vision.
Why not do everything you can to improve your health and wellness? Call Dealey, Renton & Associates at 510-465-3090 for more information on San Francisco health insurance.