When: Thursday June 22, 2017 from 8:45 AM to 12:00 PM PDT
Where: Dealey, Renton & Associates Office at 530 Water Street, 7th Floor, Oakland, CA 94607
Description: The Ageless Question-What do I do with the project files once the job is complete?The answer to this question seems to change as technology changes, project delivery systems change and laws change.
This may be the only problem that face ALL Design firms equally.
Hear the answers to these questions:
- What happens to me if I decide to destroy all project files 10 days after substantial completion?
- If I get subpoenaed or sued, what documents hurt me and what documents (if any) help me?
- When is it against the law to throw out documents?
- Since it is cheap to store documents electronically, why not keep everything forever?
- Are all documents created equally????
Speakers: Samuel J. Muir, Esq., Founding Partner, Collins Collins Muir + Stewart LLP
Ryan Harley, Esq., Managing Partner, Oakland Office Collins Collins Muir + Stewart LLP
Recommended Audience: Owners, Principals, Risk Managers, General Counsel, Contract Managers
CE Credits: AIA members qualify for 3 LU's
Register by e-mail
Register by phone: 510-465-3090
We encourage you to take advantage of this great opportunity to educate your firm on limiting your liability while earning valuable continuing education credits.