The Ageless Question-What do I do with the project files once the job is complete?
The answer to this question seems to change as technology changes, project delivery systems change and laws change. Come and hear from attorneys at one of the oldest California firms that specializes in advising Design Professionals in all aspects of their business. You will take home form document retention policies, subpoenas, form litigation retention letters and an outline of do's and don'ts. This may be the only problem that faces ALL Design firms equally.
Hear the answers to these questions:
- What happens to me if I decide to destroy all project files 10 days after substantial completion?
- If I get subpoenaed or sued, what documents hurt me and what documents (if any) help me?
- When is it against the law to throw out documents?
- Since it is cheap to store documents electronically, why not keep everything forever?
- Are all documents created equally????
When: Thursday June 23, 2016 from 8:45 AM to 12:00 PM PDT
Add to Calendar
Where: Dealey, Renton & Associates Office
530 Water Street, 7th Floor
Oakland, CA 94607
Samuel J. Muir, Esq., Founding Partner, Collins Collins Muir + Stewart LLP
Alexandria Montes, Esq., Associate, Collins Collins Muir + Stewart LLP
Owners, Principals, Risk Managers, General Counsel, Contract Managers
AIA members qualify for 3 LU's