Document Retention, Retrieval & Production: How Long do I Need to Keep These D#*% Documents?
The Ageless Question: What do I do with the project files once the job is complete?
The answer to this question seems to change as technology changes, project delivery systems change and laws change.
This may be the only problem that faces ALL Design firms equally.
Come and hear from an attorney at one of the oldest California firms that specializes in advising Design Professionals in all aspects of their business.
You will take home form document retention policies, subpoenas, form litigation retention letters and an outline of do's and don'ts.
Hear the answers to these questions:
- What happens to me if I decide to destroy all project files 10 days after substantial completion?
- If I get subpoenaed or sued, what documents hurt me and what documents (if any) help me?
- When is it against the law to throw out documents?
- Since it is cheap to store documents electronically, why not keep everything forever?
- Are all documents created equally????
Samuel J. Muir, Esq., Founding Partner
Collins Collins Muir + Stewart LLP
Owners, Principals, Risk Managers General Counsel, Contract Managers
AIA members qualify for 2 LU's
Click Here to Register Now!
If you are not able to attend in person, this seminar will be available online.
To attend online, please click the link above to register and select "I will attend online."
RAFFLE for In Person Attendees!! You will be eligible to win one of two sets of two tickets on the field level for an Oakland A's game (one set per winner, dates to worked out with your and Sam's Schedule)